These are my links for June 24th through June 25th:
- Print Stylesheets – css-discuss – This document describes some of the issues concerning the use of CSS to reformat Web documents for printing (using the media type "print"). We also discuss those aspects that CSS is not able to control or even influence. We assume a good knowledge of CSS and concentrate on practical issues, given the current deficiencies in browsers in implementing print-related CSS. For more basic tutorials and theory see "Other Sources" below. See also MediaStylesheets for practical media stylesheet strategies.
Two of the most common problems with printing occur when positioning other than static is used (e.g. position: absolute) or when there are floats. See the section below "Suggested strategy for page breaks".
- GIFTS – BEST SELLING PERPETUAL KID ITEMS –
- Social Network Icon Pack · Komodo Media – Introducing 80+ ridiculously rad social networking icons, made by deft-fingered Haitian refugees, not really… but really. I’ve developed over 80 refined, amazing social networking icons for the top networks around. They’re all the rage with you crazy newsk00l intarweb kids. Use them on your blogs. Put them on t-shirts, coffee mugs, your face-space or whatevs.
Here’s whats you get
The Social Network Icon Pack consists of 40+ 16 pixel x 16 pixel icons and 40+ 32 pixel by 32 pixel icons all in 32-bit PNG format in the following flavors:
View on light background • View on dark background
- Languagegeek : Native Languages – Languagegeek is dedicated to the promotion of indigenous languages – primarily those of North America. By providing the tools which speakers, educators, and learners can use to communicate on-line or in print, the realm of computers will no longer be the sole domain of a few global languages. Whether it be e-mails, web pages, or word processing, computers have the potential to be a powerful means to level the playing field among all of the world’s languages.
Languagegeek provides free fonts and free keyboard layouts which try to cover all of the characters (alphabetical letters/Syllabics) necessary for writing Native languages. Syllabics (Algonquian, Athapaskan, Inuit, Cherokee) take centre stage with type faces in new and innovative styles. Several fonts are also available for those languages which use a Roman orthography but require a number of diacritic marks or special characters.
- Cisco ACE Application Control Engine Module – Products & Services – Cisco Systems – The Cisco ACE Application Control Engine Module for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches and Cisco 7600 Series Routers is a next-generation load-balancing and application-delivery solution. A member of the Cisco family of Data Center 3.0 solutions, the module:
* Helps ensure business continuity by increasing application availability
* Improves business productivity by accelerating application and server performance
* Reduces data center power, space, and cooling needs through a virtualized architecture
* Helps lower operational costs associated with application provisioning and scaling
It achieves these goals through intelligent load-balancing and content-switching technologies integrated with acceleration and security capabilities. A virtualized architecture and role-based administration help you provision and deliver multiple applications from a single module to increase data center scalability.
- Lifehacker – Make the Most of Your Dual Monitors – Autohotkey – Now that you've added another monitor to your computer setup, you've got double the screen real estate to get things done—but are you putting all that space to good use? Whether you want to stretch your desktop wallpaper or taskbar across two monitors or perfectly snap all your windows into place every time, there are a few utilities that can help you make the most of every last pixel of your dual monitors. Let's take a look.
* Get Your Dual Monitor Wallpaper On
* Extend the Taskbar Across Monitors
* Managing Windows
* Desktop Pinups and Overlays
- How To Write a White Paper to Attract Clients – Dumb Little Man – How To Write a White Paper to Attract Clients
Do you have a new idea, business model, product or service? Do you want to get noticed by using a marketing method that might only cost you time? Try writing a white paper to attract people to your door.