Today’s M3talinks for Apr 12th
- WordOff – Wordoff applies the following rules to strip the cruft that is pasted into WYSIWYG editors from Word:<br />
* Attributes are removed for all elements except <a>s<br />
* <span>s and <div>s are removed<br />
* Empty elements are removed<br />
* Consecutive line breaks are reduced to two<br />
Wordoff is written in Python and runs on Django in Google App Engine. It was designed as a demonstration project for a short talk at Oxford Geek Nights.
- About | Designing User Experience – When I grow up I want to be a technical writer, web developer, user experience designer, information architect, and an instructional designer for adult education. <br />
I just want to start learning information through osmosis. I’d like to be a brilliant expert by tomorrow, please. And I spend about $2000 a year buying books in an effort to become one someday. I want to be buried with my web design library, and if Heaven doesn’t have an O’Reilly or Sitepoint warehouse, I’m afraid I can do without it.<br />
Take an enthusiastic, ambitious, overzealous, and at times hyper student of just about everything, and give her a copy of WordPress and a domain. This is what you end up with.